Somewhere.. I forgot my loves. Maybe I grew out of them a bit, phased out, like in waves, a wave of Broadway obsession, a wave of Mraz, a wave of dance, crashing and clashing with my life in the moments.
I'm so happy to be wading back in again. I've forgotten how much joy, almost manic joy, those things bring me. Like singing! If I could go back in time and change ANYTHING about my life, it would be the stupidest little thing. When I auditioned for the school play in 10th/11th grade.. I wouldn't refuse to sing. I had a song prepared in case they 'made' me sing. I had run out back to practice it right before I went in. But I said I'd rather just do the dance audition, and they let me. Maybe i wouldn't have gotten cast, I have my good days and bad days, I'm more decent than good, but at least I wouldn't have been afraid of it. And you know what.. I AM good enough to be in a damn high school play. Nothing brings me more pure pleasure in life than Broadway, singing, and dancing. Though dancing has its ups and downs. Singing does, but less so, since I never sing for anyone but myself. So if I suck, its like.. oh. But it doesn't leak out past me. Broadway has rarely rarely let me down though. Such love. Such bursting ravenous love.
Mraz! I've forgotten how much the talents of people I don't know and will never meet (Mraz, Fiona, Broadway people) make me happy to witness, and raise my spirits. Filling that STUPID VOID in me I have searched as long as i can remember to fill, and so many people end up filling with drugs, or alcohol, or desperate means.
The arts are pointless MY FUCKING ASS.
We'd all be dead inside without the arts.
Friday, March 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment